Make a positive difference!
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people who would like to volunteer and contribute to the successful delivery of our Daytrippers’ events programme. We offer free, fun and interactive events for disabled and terminally ill children and young people through sports, the arts, physical challenges and sensory play.
We host ten events per year, mostly in London. Our events usually take place at weekends, however some are held during week days. We are seeking individuals who can commit to volunteering at least three times a year.
Skills and attributes required:
- Good communication
- Warm, flexible and friendly approach
- Sense of fun
- Proactive nature
- Ability to work positively in a team
- Commitment to safety and safeguarding
- Experience of working with children and young people with disabilities (not essential)
- Knowledge of British Sign Language or Makaton (not essential)
For more details, please see the Events Volunteer Role Description
All volunteers must undergo a Standard check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). For information about the DBS, see the Disclosure and Barring Service Volunteer Information Sheet