Join our Young Ambassadors Team
Three years ago Daytrippers created the Young Ambassadors Project to highlight the contributions made by children and young people engaging with the charity.
In 2017, we are planning to elevate the project by offering two young people an opportunity to represent the charity, have a meaningful voice and contribute to decision making. The Young Ambassadors will play a key role in quality assuring and assessing inclusion within our programmes.
Please share this opportunity with young people within your network and help us find the perfect candidates!
Who can be a Young Ambassador?
A young person who:
- Is 13-25 years old
- Has a disability/ life limiting condition
- Lives in London or the surrounding areas
- Can commit to the project for 12 months
- Is willing to attend meetings and events in London on their own or with a parent/ carer
Young Ambassadors will:
- Assess and evaluate the quality of day trips and events
- Assess inclusion
- Attend fun events
- Make meaningful decisions
- Improve programmes benefiting children and young people
- Share views about being a young person with a disability through social media
What are the benefits?
- A meaningful role which benefits children and young people with disabilities
- Share your views of being a young person
- Improve your personal development
- Volunteer and be recognised by vInspired
- Have fun, meet new people and attend exciting events
- Shape how Daytrippers is run and how it could improve opportunities for children and young people
- At the end of the year, receive a grant for a day trip of your choice
- Meetings, day trips and events will be held mostly in London
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, please download and complete an application form. Send your form to us by Friday 3rd March 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Daytrippers, 36 Great Pulteney Street, London W1F 9NS.
If you have any queries please contact Keeley by email or call 020 7758 0030
Spotlight: Find out about Ethan’s experience (2015 Young Ambassador)