Special schools, children’s hospices, charities and support groups can apply for funding towards a day trip of their choice.
We want to ensure children and young people with disabilities and life-limiting conditions in the UK experience great days out.
Find out below if your organisation is eligible for our support and how to apply for a grant. If you have any queries, please contact us on 020 7758 0030 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special schools, children’s hospices, registered charities and support groups (without charity status) based in the UK are eligible to apply.
- The day trip must consist of at least eight children and young people who have a disability and/or a life-limiting condition (up to the age of 25).
- The proposed day trip must take place in the UK.
- Application forms are accepted all year round.
- Fully completed application forms and supporting documents may be submitted ten working days or more prior to the day trip.
- Funding will primarily be considered for children and young people with disabilities and life-limiting conditions and their key carers. We will consider funding for siblings where exceptional circumstances are applicable and budgets permit.
- We will consider each application form and funding requested on an individual basis.
- We allocate up to £30 per child/young person and award grants no greater than £1,500.
- If the proposed day trip includes over 50 children and young people, please call us to discuss your request before completing an application form.
- As well as considering days out, we welcome application forms regarding in-house events (a fun day for children for example).
- If we are unable to cover all of the costs, we will consider making a contribution towards the day trip.
- Successful applicants are required to provide monitoring information after the day trip has taken place. See here for more information.
- Organisations are expected to pay for the day trip upfront. Payment of the grant will be issued after the day trip and when the monitoring information has been submitted.
- Organisations may receive one grant per calendar year.
We will not consider:
- Application forms for individual families.
- Funding requests for overnight stays and residentials.
- Day trips to events funded or co-funded by Daytrippers.
How to apply:
- Download an application form.
- Before submitting your application form, please read the Step-by-Step guide and the Terms and Conditions.
- Submit the application form and supporting documents to Daytrippers by email only at email@example.com.