- Applications will only be considered for children and/or young people up to the age of 21 years and who have a disability (as defined in the Disability Discrimination Act 1995), life limiting or terminal illness.
- Daytrippers is a non-denominational charity and operates an equal opportunities policy, the terms of which are attached.
- Daytrippers will only fund up to the agreed amount which is based on the specified expenses detailed on your application form.
- Under no circumstances will Daytrippers consider funding for staff salaries or expenses.
- Daytrippers will only consider applications from groups with a minimum of 8 children with disabilities.
- Only the children with disabilities and the essential key carers will be funded. Any additional adults or siblings travelling with the group will be expected to be self funding however additional funding will be considered where exceptional circumstances are applicable.
- All applications should be accompanied with reasonable quotations for your requested funding (which may include coach hire, train tickets, entrance fees etc). If your trip requires transport please contact your County Council first, as they often have transport fleets (Coaches and mini-buses) at the most competitive prices. In the case of food and souvenirs, an indication of the cost per head must be supplied.
- Daytrippers will only consider application forms submitted 2 weeks or more prior to the proposed date of the trip.
- Where funding allows Daytrippers aims to fund a maximum of 2 trips per organisation per year.
- If any amendments are made to the proposed trip after Daytrippers have pledged funding then we must be informed immediately as this may affect the funding. These can include changes to the names or numbers of children attending, the proposed destination or date of trip, etc.
Following the daytrip, Daytrippers will require the following information before reimbursement will be issued:
- An invoice on your organisations headed paper detailing the total money spent on the trip and our agreed donation towards it. Evidence of monies spent must be provided to support the invoice. Monies will not be reimbursed unless such proof is provided. Photocopies of receipts will be accepted. Please also include your BACS details for payment.
- A register of the children who went on the daytrip, if different from the original application. Please include the name, age and diagnosis of each child.
- Personal accounts of daytrips (“testimonials”) from children and/or young people are to be provided to Daytrippers as proof of your trip. Testimonials MUST consist of PHOTOGRAPHS (with group photos most desirable) of the outing and statements from the children expressing how they felt about the trip. This will help raise awareness of Daytrippers cause and further vital funding. The testimonials may be used for publicity purposes such as being published on our website, leaflets, brochures etc. No child’s name will be publicised without your prior written consent. Please confirm you consent to the use of testimonials by completing the sentence below.
- A completed Daytrippers feedback form; this can be downloaded from our website.
If Daytrippers do not receive all the requested information within 8 weeks of the date of the trip, then we reserve the right to withdraw the agreed funding and reallocate it to an alternative group.