DATE: Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th May 2018
VENUE: ZSL London Zoo, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY
Daytrippers are once again delighted to be supporting ZSL London Zoo’s spectacular Special Children’s Day this May.
The unique annual event invites children with disabilities and their families to explore the zoo on a fully inclusive day that’s designed with them in mind. With increased specialist facilities and staff numbers, as well as interactive activities and discounted entry, Special Children’s Day is an event not to be missed! Reduced tickets are available directly from the zoo here.
Visitors should note that the London Zoo car park will be closed during the event so anyone wishing to drive to the venue should arrange alternative parking in advance.
Visitors can expect to enjoy:
- A Very Special Welcome: Staff and volunteers will be ready to greet you at the dedicated Special Children’s Day entrance. Pick up your Special Children’s Day planner. There are friendly animal-costumed characters to meet too!
- Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day
- Wildlife Gardening: Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home, or build a mini-beast hotel to attract wildlife to your garden
- Sensory Storytelling: Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world. Shows are free and run throughout the day
- Hands on Habitats: Investigate the natural world with our hands-on activities
- LIVE! talks: Our amazing animal talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the weekend
- Animal Adventure: Meet some of our fantastic animals and Keepers, get close up and hands on in the ‘Touch Paddock’, or play in the splash zone, secret garden and tunnels
- Art Zone: Get creative with our fun family art activities
Daytrippers has been a proud Partner of Special Children’s Day since 2008. We believe it is an exceptional event and we’ve made annual donations contributing to the running costs of the days at London and Whipsnade Zoo. This year we are committing further funds to cover the cost of additional mobility aids, BSL interpreters, sensory equipment, First Aid, personal care supplies, and additional ZSL staffing.
For discounted tickets and any further enquiries you may have, please contact the zoo directly here.