DATE: Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th June 2018
VENUE: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, LU6 2LF
Daytrippers are once again delighted to be supporting ZSL Whipsnade Zoo’s spectacular Special Children’s Day this June.
The unique annual event invites children with disabilities and their families to explore the zoo on a fully inclusive day that’s designed with them in mind. With increased specialist facilities and staff numbers, as well as interactive activities and discounted entry, Special Children’s Day is an event not to be missed! Reduced tickets are available directly from the zoo here.
Visitors can expect to enjoy:
- A Very Special Welcome: Pick up your Special Children’s Day planner. There are friendly animal-costumed characters to meet and our staff and volunteers will be at hand to assist you as your fun day gets underway!
- Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games
- Wildlife Gardening: Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home, or build a mini-beast hotel to attract wildlife into gardens
- Sensory Storytelling: Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world
- Hands on Habitats: Investigate the natural world with our hands-on activities
- LIVE! talks: Our amazing animal talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the day
- Art Activities: Get creative with our fun family art activities
- Hullabazoo indoor play
Daytrippers has been a proud Partner of Special Children’s Day since 2008. We believe it is an exceptional event and we’ve made annual donations contributing to the running costs of the days at London and Whipsnade Zoo. This year we are committing further funds to cover the cost of additional mobility aids, BSL interpreters, sensory equipment, First Aid, personal care supplies, and additional ZSL staffing.
For discounted tickets and any further enquiries you may have, please contact the zoo directly here.