The grant was allocated across 7 Daytrippers events from 2016-2018:
- Ariel action at urban activity centre Challenge 4 Change in Manchester
- Halloween Bowling Party in Acton, London
- Private performance of the Aladdin Pantomime at Hammersmith’s Lyric Theatre
- Backstage Sensory Touch Tours at ZSL London Zoo’s Special Children’s Day
- Inclusive creative workshop at our special event “Diggin’ the Gallery” at the Tate Britain
- Private day for SEND schools at Colourscape on Clapham Common
- Private performance of the Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime at Hammersmith’s Lyric Theatre
A total of 27 groups were also able to provide their young people with unforgettable days out to places such as the London Eye, Chester Zoo, Beamish Museum, Greenwood Forest Park, Camden’s Pirate Castle, Bournemouth Beach and Legoland in Windsor.
We would like to express our huge gratitude to GMSN for their support – our work over the last 2 years would not have been possible without it. From 2016 to 2108 the generous pledge they made to Daytrippers enabled us to reach a record number of young people with disabilities while prompting inclusion, education and fun.
Thank you for believing in us and the work we do.